1/1 Photo of Cool Fruit Salad With Light Sauce
Park Rangerette's Note:
Fresh, cool versatile ... all are ways I'd describe this salad. The dressing is light and not overwhelming. This is a very easy recipe to customize for your own family's likes & dislikes, as well as considering which fruits are in season for you. Strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are all great in this too. Sugar-free pudding works just as well if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large mixing bowl, toss the chopped apples in 2 tablespoons lemon juice (Note: orange juice could also be used instead of lemon juice).
- 2Add in the drained pineapple tidbits, mandarin oranges and grapes.
- 3In a small mixing bowl, combine the dry pudding mix with 1/4 cup orange juice and the liquid you had drained from the can of pineapple. Using a wire whisk, mix it until it starts to thicken. If it seems too thick, thin it with a little more orange juice.
- 4Pour the dressing over the fruit and toss gently to mix well.
- 5Fold in the blueberries last (and gently).
- 6Chill until ready to serve. This keeps 3-4 days if it lasts that long!
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool Fruit Salad With Light Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (255 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 213.2
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 167.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.1 g
- Sugars 44.4 g
- Protein 1.9 g