Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
An excellent dip for fruit that is light and you can also make it low-fat too, it's just as good as the more calorie version. I got it 7 or 8 years ago from Woman's World magazine.
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk or 1 cup nonfat milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packagereg. vanilla instant pudding mix or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package fat-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup frozen whipped topping, thawed (creamy, reg., lite, or fat-free works well)
- fresh fruit (strawberries or red grapes or green grapes or melon cubes or bananas or even canned pineapple chunks)
- In a medium or large bowl whisk together milk, pudding mix, oj, cinnamon, and almond extract until combined.
- With a spatula fold in the whipped topping until it's just combined.
- Transfer to a serving bowl (chill till ready to serve unless you're serving it directly after making it). Serve with fruit.
This dip has a great flavor and is so easy to make. I used skim milk, sugar-free fat-free pudding mix and Cool Whip Free. Served with apple and banana slices.
Very good! I really enjoyed the subtle almond and cinnamon flavors, and liked that this dip was a little thinner than many others I've tried, and thus easier to dip! I subbed milk for the orange juice and we had this with apples.
Lori, this dip was very light and oh so yummy! The flavor combination of cinnamon and almond extract was really good. I used skim milk and lite whipped topping, the dip turned out to be a nice creamy consistency. Thanks!