Recipe by pamela t.
I found this recipe in Bon Apetit, but omitted the mint (personal preference) and tweaked it a bit. This would be wonderful for a summer baby or wedding shower or poolside. The feta and seasonings really sparkle, and the eggs and chives give it that extra beautiful finish. Most of the prep time is chilling time
- 1 lb cucumber
- 2 cups chicken broth (use low salt, if preferred)
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup white onion
- 1⁄2 cup watercress
- 1 tablespoon oregano leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (17 5/8 ounce) container yogurt (use Greek yogurt, if possible)
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and seed cucumbers.
- Place in blender.
- Puree cucumbers, chicken broth, chopped garlic, diced onion, chopped watercress, oregano, garlic and salt. Puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into large bowl.
- Stir in yogurt.
- Refrigerate at least two hours.
- You can make this soup the day before. Cover and chill.
- To serve: place soup in freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pour into individual bowls.
- Garnish with chopped hard boiled egg and chopped chives.
- Good for you, too!