Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great twist on the common salsa. I make this all summer long for parties and BBQ's.
Make and share this Cool Cucumber Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 large cucumbers, diced
- 6 vine ripe tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 diced jalapeno
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 (1 ounce) packet ranch dressing mix
- salt and pepper
- Combine ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar, ranch dressing, salt and pepper; toss until well coated.
- Add a pinch of sugar to balance the vinegary taste.
I have made a similar version of this for years, except, I seed the cucumbers, add 1-2 more seeded jalapenos, add 1 can black beans drained and rinsed, and 1 can corn drained, and increase the cilantro to 1 small handful. Give it a try, you may like this version better.
Great recipe! I seed the cucumbers and tomatoes, and I add half the tomatoes called for in the recipe, as I enjoy the focus on the cucumbers. So delicious I eat it with a spoon! I also add a little more heat...about 3 jalapenos intead of one. Very yummy and fresh!