Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is a great summer salad that tastes super with any grilled meat. The longer it marinates the better! The ingredient are things I normally have in the house so it's easy to whip together. It from a '97 TOH and it has become a favorite at this house. The cooking time listed would be cooking the pasta. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
- 226.79 g tube pasta
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml water
- 177.44 ml white vinegar
- 14.79 ml prepared mustard
- 14.79 ml dried parsley flakes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Stir in oil, cucumbers and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over salad and mix.
- Cover and chill 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.
A really good alternative to regular pasta salad. Only change I will make next time is to make it a little less sweet. My nephew loved it just the way it is, but majority rules in our house, and the rest of us like it just a little more tart.
This is really good and simple. Great salad for picnics, no mayo. I used macaroni because that's what I had on hand. This would be good with tomatoes and or green peppers added as well. Thanks for the great recipe.
This was very good! I used 3/4 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup vinegar and 3/4 cup water. I also added green peas that were frozen. I will make this again, for sure! Thanks so much.