Recipe by DDW
This is a great summer salad that tastes super with any grilled meat. The longer it marinates the better! The ingredient are things I normally have in the house so it's easy to whip together. It from a '97 TOH and it has become a favorite at this house. The cooking time listed would be cooking the pasta. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Top Review by Darkhunter
A really good alternative to regular pasta salad. Only change I will make next time is to make it a little less sweet. My nephew loved it just the way it is, but majority rules in our house, and the rest of us like it just a little more tart.
- 8 ounces tube pasta
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Stir in oil, cucumbers and onion.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over salad and mix.
- Cover and chill 3-4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with a slotted spoon.