Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from a good friend of mine several years ago. I always make it when my cucumbers are ready in the summer. It has a sweet & tangy flavor and the longer you leave the onions and cucumber set in the dressing the more they soak up the great taste! As for servings, I've never really measured but it makes a large bowl full. We usually have enough for 2 meals. Try it for yourself!
- 8 ounces pasta (tube or shell)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium cucumbers, thinly sliced (I usually use more!)
- 1 medium onion (thinly sliced or chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- chopped tomato (optional)
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Drain & rinse pasta with cold water.
- Place pasta in large bowl.
- Add oil, cucumbers, onions, & tomatoes to bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients & pour over pasta & veggies & toss.
- Cover & chill for 3-4 hours (I've served it with as little as an hour of chill time).
- Stir before serving & enjoy!