Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you are a coffee-lover you will love this! if you want it extra creamy use 1/4 whipping cream in place of 1/3 milk, add in some chocolate syrup also if desired, see Deluxe Chocolate Sauce/Syrup :)
- 6 scoops vanilla ice cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 3⁄4-1 cup crushed ice (or use 4 ice cubes)
- sugar (to taste) (optional)
- whipped cream (optional)
- In a blender combine ice cream, milk, instant coffee and ice cubes; blend until smooth.
- Add in sugar if desired and blend again for a few seconds.
- Pour into tall chilled frosted glasses or mugs and top with whipped cream.
BETTER THAN STARBUCKS!! I made these using vanilla ice cream in mine & chocolate mint in everyone else's. Had to sample theirs, of course & both flavors were just amazing. So quick, delicious & better than the overpriced stuff at Starbuck's...Topped ours w/ the whipped cream & drizzled a touch of chocolate syrup on top. Totally indulgent. THANKS!!
We wanted something cool to drink on this hot day so I picked this one to try, It was very good and quick to prepare. Thanks Kittencal. Bullwinkle
Yummm, I used 98%fat free/no added sugar ice cream(vanilla) and blended it with strong brewed chocolate coffee cubes (about 2/3 cup of small cubes) with a good tsp of Splenda. I also used a touch of cinnamon. I think I got a fab treat that is very sin free so I figured could afford to ruin the virtue and put some (light) whipped cream on top. This is very summery and oh so tasty.