Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I have tried many chocolate pie recipes, but this remains my favorite. It is from Hershey's. Cook time is for chilling.
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 8 inch graham cracker pie crust
- sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch, flour and salt; blend in milk and egg yolks.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils; boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat; blend in butter and vanilla.
- Pour into graham cracker crust; press plastic wrap directly onto surface.
- Top with sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping before serving.