Recipe by Chef by Chance
May 2008. You can make this up to 1 day in advance but spread the remaining whipped topping mixture over the pudding right before serving. I included the chilling time with the cooking time.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, finely chopped and toasted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese 1/3 less fat, softened
- 1⁄2 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces frozen reduced-calorie whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 3 cups 1% low-fat milk
- 2 (4 ounce) boxes chocolate instant pudding
- unsweetened cocoa (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Crust: Combine flour and powdered sugar in a food processor. Pulse 2 times or until combined.
- Add butter and pulse 10 times or until it resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in pecans then firmly press into the bottom of a 13x9" pan coated with cooking spray. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Filling: Place sugar and cream cheese in a medium bowl and beat with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread cream cheese mixture on the cooled crust. Cover loosely and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Combine pudding and milk in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the remaining whipped topping over the pudding layer.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cocoa if desired.