Recipe by lazyme
This refreshing summertime salsa is delicious alongside grilled flank steak, fish or poultry. And for those who can never have too much of a good thing, it makes an excellent dip with fresh-fried corn chips. From Totally Corn cookbook.
- 3 cups corn kernels
- 2 anaheim chilies, roasted, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons red onions, diced
- 1 bunch fresh chives, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch corn kernels in boiling salted water until water returns to boil.
- Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Transfer to mixing bowl.
- Add Anaheim and red bell peppers, onion, and chives and mix.
- In small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar, oil, salt, pepper and 2 or 3 dashes Tabasco.
- Pour over corn mixture, toss well and serve at room temperature or chill.