Recipe by Number One Foodie
This salsa is as versatile as it is tasty. I use it in everything from fish tacos to as an additive to pasta for a quick pasta salad! All the fresh ingredients only cost me a little more than two dollars!
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes
- 1⁄4 small red onion
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 small jalapeno
- 1 small Hass avocado
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Juice and zest lime into small mixing bowl, add EVOO and wisk until combined.
- Coarsely chop the tomatoes, onion and avocado and add to bowl.
- Finely mince the garlic and jalopeno with salt and pepper to act as an abrasive until it comes to a paste. Add to bowl.
- Grill or broil or corn until it starts to blacken then allow to cool.
- Cut kernals off the cob and add to mixture and stir so all ingredients have mingled.
- Cool and serve.