Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great treat for kids. Prep time does not include chill time.
- 1 (3 ounce) package Jello gelatin (any flavor)
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- ice cube
- 3 1⁄2 cups thawed Cool Whip
- 8 -10 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- Dissolve gelatin completely in boiling water, stirring three minutes.
- Combine cold water and ice cubes to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Add gelatin and stir until slightly thickened.
- If necessary, remove unmelted ice.
- using a wire whip, blend whipped topping, then whip until smooth.
- Chill until mixture will mound, about 15 minutes.
- Crumble half a cookie in each of 8 to 10 dessert glasses.
- Spoon in gelatin mixture, filling glasses only half full.
- Top with another crumbled half cookie, then fill glasses with remaining gelatin mixture.
- Chill 2 hours.
- Garnish with whipped topping and cookies if desired.