1/1 Photo of Cool Chinese Noodle in Peanut Sauce
Izzy Knight's Note:
A very popular Chinese noodle in Taiwan. This is my dad's favorite dish in the summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces chinese noodles or 8 ounces spaghetti or 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 9 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/2 cup sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1Cook noodles in a large pot of boiling water over medium heat.
- 2Cook until barely tender and still firm.
- 3Drain immediately and rinse with cold water until cold.
- 4Drain well and toss noodles with (2 Tbsp) dark sesame oil so they don't stick together.
- 5FOR DRESSING: combine all ingredients except hot water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- 6Thin with hot water to consistency of whipping cream.
- 7For garnish, peel flesh of carrot in short shavings about 4" long.
- 8Just before serving, toss noodles with sauce.
- 9Garnish with cucumber, green onion, and carrot.
- 10Serve cold.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool Chinese Noodle in Peanut Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (348 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 994.2
- Calories from Fat 670
- Total Fat 74.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2735.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 20.8 g
- Protein 19.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice wine vinegar