Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I enjoy this cold salad as a side dish at a summer BBQ or potluck for something a little different. Very inexpensive to make and take along. Better the longer it sits so i try to make it the night before.I am guessing at serving size as it depends on the appetites,I have doubled it before for a larger crowd.The cook time i listed does not include any overnight refrigeration.
- 2 lbs carrots
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut carrots into coins and cook until tender-crisp.
- Drain& cool.
- Place in lg.
- Add onions& green pepper to carrots.
- Combine all other ingredients and blend thoroughly,pour over carrot mixture,stir to combine and refrigerate, preferably overnight.
Great side dish! I made a few substitutions, Red Wine Vinagrette Salad Dressing for vinegar, Lemon-Pepper salt for dry mustard, and Olive oil for vegetable oil.
I never thought to add tomato soup to a salad but this is a great recipe, everybody love it , and ask for the secret incredient, wow a winner. Jeannine p.S. we own a fishing lodge andi do most of the meal preperaton.