Recipe by Chris from Kansas
This salad has a great combination of tortellini, tomatoes, onions, olives and cucumber with a tangy caesar dressing. We sometimes eat is as a main dish too.
Top Review by spaghetti_soprano
I made this for a 4th of July family gathering. It looked beautiful served in a wide, shallow pasta bowl over a bed of romaine hearts. I added freshly ground black pepper and parsley, basil, and chives from the garden. I added tomatoes, cucumber, artichoke hearts, and diced mozzarella to the tortellini as the store was out of red onion and I'm not an olive fan. Newman's Own Caesar dressing went perfectly with some parmesan sprinkled on top. Everyone loved it and commented on how pretty it looked! A delicious, crowd-pleasing, versatile recipe!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated cheese-filled egg tortellini, uncooked
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped purple onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup commercial caesar salad dressing
- 8 cups shredded romaine lettuce