Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is so delicious and easy. Leftovers hold up well in the refrigerator... that is if you have any! This was the original recipe but I take liberty based on my taste.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, chopped small (2 good size heads)
- 1 cup red onion, chopped (more to taste)
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise (lite works well)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (Sugar alternative such as Splenda works well)
- salt and pepper
- Place salad ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss when ready to serve!
- *Hormell makes a jar of REAL bacon bits that I like to use instead of bacon slices for ease of preparation and it seems to hold up better as leftovers.
Such a yummy dish!! I just added green onions instead of red, L.O.V.E. it!!!!!
I've had this recipe at picnics and wanted to make it myself, we had it with barbecue pork, freshly made apple sauce and gooseberry pie for dessert. This salad is a wonderful accompaniment to picnic menu (indoor or outdoor) I also added to the broccoli by adding one package of the shredded broccoli slaw (for color and more shapes and textures) very tasty dish, and easy to make!
This is a very tasty recipe. I loved the combination of flavors, especially the cranberries and bacon. Salty/Sweet is always a wonderful treat for me. I made this with the sunflower seeds, but I toasted them first. The dressing is similar to the one I use on my cole slaw, and it was wonderful here in this salad. Every ingredient in this salad is a must. Definately a dish to repeat! Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe.