Great picnic salad or serve over a bed of greens for a cool lunch. Prep time includes time to let the cucumbers sit in salt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 3/4-1 cup mayonnaise, use any amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- salt, if needed to taste
- 1Sprinkle the diced cucumber with the 1/2 tsp of salt and let sit in a collander over a bowl for about 20 minutes to draw out the liquid. Shake off any extra liquid.
- 2Meanwhile, cook the macaroni according to the package. Drain and rinse with icy cold water. Drain well.
- 3Place the cooked, cooled macaroni in a large bowl.
- 4Add the halved tomatoes, onion, tuna, dill, pepper and then the cucumbers that have been sitting in the salt.
- 5Gently mix together.
- 6Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, and milk. Mix everything well.
- 7Chill for at least 2 hours.
- 8Taste and add more salt if needed.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool As a Cucumber Tuna Macaroni Salad
Serving Size: 1 (145 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.2 mg
- Sodium 392.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 9.4 g