Recipe by *Parsley*
Great picnic salad or serve over a bed of greens for a cool lunch. Prep time includes time to let the cucumbers sit in salt.
- 1 cucumber, peeled seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, each cut in half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 (6 ounce) can albacore tuna, drained and flaked
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light sour cream
- 3⁄4-1 cup mayonnaise, use any amount to taste
- 1 tablespoon low-fat milk
- salt, if needed to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the diced cucumber with the 1/2 tsp of salt and let sit in a collander over a bowl for about 20 minutes to draw out the liquid. Shake off any extra liquid.
- Meanwhile, cook the macaroni according to the package. Drain and rinse with icy cold water. Drain well.
- Place the cooked, cooled macaroni in a large bowl.
- Add the halved tomatoes, onion, tuna, dill, pepper and then the cucumbers that have been sitting in the salt.
- Gently mix together.
- Stir in the sour cream, mayonnaise, and milk. Mix everything well.
- Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Taste and add more salt if needed.