Recipe by TasteTester
This pie has fresh fruit and a fluffy texture -- good for a snack or dessert, especially on a hot summer day when you want something light. (Cooking time is refrigeration time for pie to firm.)
Top Review by TraderJada
A true classic, TasteTester! Thanks for your post! In this weather, this pie is absolutely so refreshing and so easy to make. It's just the waiting time from fridge to table, but other than that, not a problem. I've used so many flavors of jello and my other favorites flavors are raspberry, cherry, orange, lemon and lime. You cannot go wrong with any Jello flavor that you love. I don't even bother with the fruit, it's that good. I make sure I have an extra tub of Cool Whip so I can dollop on top of MY slice!! Yummy!
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 3 ounces jello strawberry gelatin
- ice cube
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 1 cup chopped strawberry
- 6 ounces ready-to-use graham cracker crumb crust
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries (or chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to gelatin; stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice.
- Add whipped topping; stir with wire whisk until well-blended. Stir in chopped strawberries. Refrigerate 20-30 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust.
- Refrigerate 6 hours or overnight until firm. Top with sliced strawberries. (Update: the last few times I've made this, I have coarsely chopped the strawberries for the topping. I think it is better that way instead of the big slices of strawberry.) Store in refrigerator.