1/2 Photos of Cool and Creamy Pineapple Paradise Dessert
1 hr 30 mins
PSU Lioness's Note:
I made this for the first time over Memorial Day weekend since my husband was having a craving for pineapple. I took a few other recipes, changed them up and combined them to come up with this one. My husband loved it! The crust seemed dry after I baked it but when the pudding mixture sat in it overnight, it got soft and delicious. Use low-fat or nonfat ingredients to get a delicious dessert without all the guilt! You can also add other fruit to switch it up a little. I think next time I'll add mandarin oranges and cherries along with the pineapple. (Plan ahead because this needs at least 1 hour to chill but I wasn't sure exactly how to input that into the total cook time. It took about a half hour to prepare with 1 hour chill time.) (The pictures are of the dessert before I added the whipped topping)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 whole low-fat graham crackers (it works out to about half a box)
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, melted
- 907.18 g plain nonfat yogurt
- 42.52 g box instant vanilla pudding (unprepared)
- 2 (1133.98 g) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 340.19 g container light whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip makes Lite)
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Put the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until they are reduced to fine crumbs (or use 2 1/2 c premade graham cracker crumbs but I couldn't find a low-fat variety).
- 3Add the sugar and melted butter to the crumbs. Pulse until everything is combined, taking care to scrape the sides often so it all gets mixed together.
- 4Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- 5Bake for 10 minutes.
- 6Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack until you are able to touch the dish (about 10-15 minutes). You can also shut the oven off now.
- 7In a large bowl, mix the yogurt and pudding. You can use a hand mixer if necessary.
- 8Pour the pudding mix into the graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
- 9Top the pudding with the pineapple chunks.
- 10Top the pineapple chunks with the thawed Cool Whip topping.
- 11Cover and allow to chill in refrigerator until serving, at least 1 hour.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cool and Creamy Pineapple Paradise Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (219 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 255.2
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.5 mg
- Sodium 136.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 32.0 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat graham crackers