Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I made this for the first time over Memorial Day weekend since my husband was having a craving for pineapple. I took a few other recipes, changed them up and combined them to come up with this one. My husband loved it! The crust seemed dry after I baked it but when the pudding mixture sat in it overnight, it got soft and delicious. Use low-fat or nonfat ingredients to get a delicious dessert without all the guilt! You can also add other fruit to switch it up a little. I think next time I'll add mandarin oranges and cherries along with the pineapple. (Plan ahead because this needs at least 1 hour to chill but I wasn't sure exactly how to input that into the total cook time. It took about a half hour to prepare with 1 hour chill time.) (The pictures are of the dessert before I added the whipped topping)
- 12 whole low-fat graham crackers (it works out to about half a box)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 32 ounces plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding (unprepared)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice, drained
- 1 (12 ounce) container light whipped topping, thawed (Cool Whip makes Lite)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Put the graham crackers into a food processor and pulse until they are reduced to fine crumbs (or use 2 1/2 c premade graham cracker crumbs but I couldn't find a low-fat variety).
- Add the sugar and melted butter to the crumbs. Pulse until everything is combined, taking care to scrape the sides often so it all gets mixed together.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9x13" glass baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack until you are able to touch the dish (about 10-15 minutes). You can also shut the oven off now.
- In a large bowl, mix the yogurt and pudding. You can use a hand mixer if necessary.
- Pour the pudding mix into the graham cracker crust and spread evenly.
- Top the pudding with the pineapple chunks.
- Top the pineapple chunks with the thawed Cool Whip topping.
- Cover and allow to chill in refrigerator until serving, at least 1 hour.