Recipe by mailbelle
A yogurt/mayonnaise dressing provides a creamy texture and a welcome tang without the heaviness of using mayonnaise alone or a mayonnaise/sour cream mixture. Recipe from Cook's Country magazine.
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 lbs green beans, stem ends trimmed
- 1⁄2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Fill large bowl with ice water and set aside.
- In a large pot over high heat, bring 4 quarts water and 1 cup vinegar to boil. Add sugar, salt, and beans and cook until beans are just tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add onion to pot and cook until just softened, about 30 seconds.
- Drain vegetables in colander and immediately transfer to ice water.
- Once beans and onion are cool, drain again and dry thoroughly with paper towels.
- Whisk mayonnaise, yogurt, oil, and 1 tablespoon vinegar in large bowl. Add chilled beans and onions and toss until well coated. Season with salt and pepper.