Recipe by MaryBeth13
This is a great way to use extra cucumbers! Draining the cucumbers with salt beforehand give you crisp cucumbers and does not result in watered-down dressing after the salad sits for awhile.
- 4 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a colander and lightly toss with the kosher salt. Place over a bowl to drain.
- After the cucumbers have drained for at least 1/2 hour, rinse and drain.
- Put cucumbers in bowl and add the onions, yogurt, mayo and salt and pepper.
- Stir together and place in a bowl in the refrigerator for 2 hours.