Lori Mama's Note:
Submitted from a Cooks Illustrated magazine with a slight adjustment. This a nice recipe for a luncheon, appetizer or as a side for a light supper. Recipe submitter will not recognize the 1 sheet of 9 1/2 "x 9" puff pastry needed for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Adjust oven rack to upper middle position.
- 3Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4Place puff pastry on sheet.
- 5Brush edges with water and fold over sides 3/4 inch.
- 6poke interior with fork.
- 7Top with 1 cup of the cheese.
- 8Bake until golden, about 15 minutes.
- 9In large non stick skillet brown bacon until crisp.
- 10Transfer to paper towel lined plate to drain.
- 11Pour all but 1 tablespoon of fat from pan and add the shallots.
- 12Saute until soft then add the potatoes and cook until browned.
- 13Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 14Return the bacon.
- 15In small bowl combine sour cream and tarragon.
- 16Cover the pastry with potato mixture, remaining cheese and.
- 17dollop with sour cream mixture.
- 18Return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- 19Cut into desired pieces.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooks Potato, Cheese and Onion Tart
Serving Size: 1 (779 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 419.6
- Calories from Fat 254
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 14.5 g
- Cholesterol 65.3 mg
- Sodium 307.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 17.4 g