Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Note: Prep time includes rest time for potatoes, but does not include chilling time. This recipe is from the food guru's at Cook's Illustrated. I've never been good at just throwing a potato salad together, but this recipe has saved me many a time! For health reasons, I don't use the celery seeds anymore, but it does affect the taste.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (preferebly Cascadian Farm or Heinz)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, add 1 tbsp salt, reduce heat to simmer, stirring once or twice, until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl. Add vinegar and, using a rubber spatula, toss gently to combine.
- Let stand until potatoes are just warm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Using rubber spatula, gently fold dressing into potatoes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- NOTE: Potato salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.