Note: Prep time includes rest time for potatoes, but does not include chilling time. This recipe is from the food guru's at Cook's Illustrated. I've never been good at just throwing a potato salad together, but this recipe has saved me many a time! For health reasons, I don't use the celery seeds anymore, but it does affect the taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, minced
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish (preferebly Cascadian Farm or Heinz)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 -3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled and diced
- 1Place potatoes in large saucepan and add water to cover by 1 inch. Bring to a boil, add 1 tbsp salt, reduce heat to simmer, stirring once or twice, until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- 2Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl. Add vinegar and, using a rubber spatula, toss gently to combine.
- 3Let stand until potatoes are just warm, about 20 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together remaining ingredients. Using rubber spatula, gently fold dressing into potatoes.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- 6NOTE: Potato salad can be refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooks Illustrated All-American Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (193 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.0
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 100.8 mg
- Sodium 645.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: