Taken from Cooks Country
Make and share this Cooks Country Skillet Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 10 curly edged lasagna noodles, broken into 2 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Pour tomatoes with their juices into 1 quart liquid measuring cup. Add water until mixture measures 1 quart.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Add onion and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook until onion begins to brown, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and pepper flakes snd cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add ground meat and cook, breaking apart meat, until no longer pink, about 4 minutes.
- Scatter pasta over meat but do not stir. pour diced tomatoes with juices and tomato sauce over pasta. Cover and bring to simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in 1/2 cup Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Dot with heaping tablespoons ricotta, cover, and let stand off heat for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and remaining 3 tablespoons parmesan. Serve.