- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium sized saute pan, cook the bacon until crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon to paper towel lined plate.
- In same pan with reserved 1 tablespoons fat, saute the shallots for 3 minutes on medium heat. Add broth and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the couscous and cover with lid. remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and then add the parsley, cider vinegar and bacon.
- Taste for seasonings.