Chef #195447's Note:
Recipe came from Cooks Illustrated, the only potato salad I make any more.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 3/4 inch cubes (3-4 medium)
- table salt
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes (optional)
- 1Place potatoes in large saucepan and add water to cover by 1 inch.
- 2Bring to boil over medium-high heat; add 1 TB salt, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring once or twice, until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- 3Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl.
- 4Add vinegar and, using rubber spatula, toss gently to combine.
- 5Let stand until potatoes are just warm, about 20 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together celery, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard powder, celery seed, parsley, pepper, red onion, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- 7Using rubber spatula, gently fold in dressing and eggs, if using, into potatoes.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour; serve.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooks All-American Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 323.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 5.3 g