Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Recipe came from Cooks Illustrated, the only potato salad I make any more.
Make and share this Cooks All-American Potato Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs russet potatoes, peeled and cut in 3/4 inch cubes (3-4 medium)
- table salt
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 medium celery rib, chopped fine (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large hard-cooked eggs, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch cubes (optional)
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and add water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat; add 1 TB salt, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring once or twice, until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl.
- Add vinegar and, using rubber spatula, toss gently to combine.
- Let stand until potatoes are just warm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together celery, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard powder, celery seed, parsley, pepper, red onion, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold in dressing and eggs, if using, into potatoes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour; serve.