Cooks All-American Potato Salad
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and add water to cover by 1 inch.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat; add 1 TB salt, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, stirring once or twice, until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and transfer to large bowl.
- Add vinegar and, using rubber spatula, toss gently to combine.
- Let stand until potatoes are just warm, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, stir together celery, pickle relish, mayonnaise, mustard powder, celery seed, parsley, pepper, red onion, and 1/2 tsp salt.
- Using rubber spatula, gently fold in dressing and eggs, if using, into potatoes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour; serve.