1/1 Photo of Cooking Red Rice
Alex Polkovsky's Note:
I found these basic instructions for cooking Bhutanese red rice at Sugat.com. Goes very well with Zesty Corn and Beans.
My Private Note
- 1Rinse red rice in water.
- 2Heat oil in a pot, add rice and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3Add water and bring to a boil.
- 4Lower heat and cover pot. Cook for 45 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 5Remove from heat and let rest for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Red Rice
Serving Size: 1 (488 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.6
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: