Recipe by Cooking Mama
I made this recipe up, and I love it. My picky Hubby who normally won't touch any stuffing, loved this.
Top Review by Cook4theFamily
I don't like just "everyday stuffing", so I am glad I found this recipe. I have used it as a base for mixing up different "good stuff" into my holiday dressing! Varied it with cornbread stuffing mix, wild rice, apples and walnuts, depending on my mood and ingredients. Thank you for this!<br/>This year, I saved oven space for a potluck by putting this in a crockpot. 2-3 hrs on high, watched for baking on side and reduced heat when it did. Very good, arrived at potluck hot and ready to go.
- 1 box chicken Stove Top stuffing mix
- 1 3⁄4 cups boiling water
- 2 celery ribs
- 4 -5 green onions
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup pecan pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter (soft)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a casserole dish with Pam, or use butter or oil.
- In a large bowl empty the contents of the stuffing mix.
- Dice the Celery and Green Onions.
- In a frying pan melt 1 Tablespoon of the butter and saute the Celery and Green Onions for about 10 minutes.
- Combine the Celery and Onions with the stuffing mix and all remaining ingredients adding the boiling water last.
- (You want it somewhat juicy, not dry) Bake in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
- Serve with Chicken, Turkey, Pork, or Beef.