1 hr 30 mins
This is from Nov 1997, and my standard recipe when I'm craving Lasagna. The whole family loves it, and I love that I can sneak in other veggies. :) I always double the recipe and freeze the second one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese (about 1/3 cup)
- 1 (12 ounce) container 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 12 cooked lasagna noodles
- 1 (27 1/2 ounce) jar low-fat chunky pasta sauce with mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Heat a medium nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium high heat. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
- 3Beat the cream cheese at medium speed of a mixer until smooth; add the cottage cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese, and eggs, beating well. Add the onion mixture and spinach, and beat well.
- 4Spread 1/2 cup of the spinach mixture in the bottom of a 13 x9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 3 noodles over the spinach mixture; top with 1 cup of spinach mixture, 3/4 cup of pasta sauce, 1/4 cup of mozzarella cheese, and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Repeat the layers, ending with Parmesan cheese.
- 5Cover and bake at 350° for 50 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese; bake, uncovered, an additional 10 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light's Spinach Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.9
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 1081.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 25.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
cooked lasagna noodles