Recipe by Ms B.
From the June 2006 issue of Cooking Light magazine. They recommend serving this with their Creamy Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese for a complete meal. I like the addition of the kidney beans as a protein source. Can be whipped up quickly for dinner, or made ahead and refrigerated overnight. I haven't made the full salad, and instead downsized to fit in a small loaf pan for just my Hubby and myself.
- 6 cups iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup carrot, julienne-cut
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shredded