This was absolutely fantastic. I used chicken breasts rather then thighs, and shortened the chicken cooking time to keep it a little healthier. The whole family loved the recipe, and the leftovers were gone faster then the dish! Serve with toast or rolls, and dill pickles! Cooking Light, June 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle chile pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- cooking spray
- 2Prepare grill.
- 3Mix first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 4Rub spice mixture on chicken. (I put the spice and the chicken in a zip lock and let the kids go to town shaking it.).
- 5Cook chicken on grill coated with cooking spray, 20 minutes, or until 180°F.
- 6Let stand 5 minutes, shred with 2 forks.
- 8Heat oil on medium in a medium saucepan.
- 9Add onions, and cook until translucent.
- 10Stir in sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, mustard, allspice, and red pepper.
- 11Cook 30 seconds.
- 12Stir in ketchup, vinegar, and molasses.
- 13Bring to a boil; return heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- 14Stir in chicken; cook 2 minutes or until fully heated.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light's Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 218.5
- Calories from Fat 53
- Total Fat 5.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 588.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 23.2 g