Recipe by Tish
Feta stuffed chicken over a bed of spinach salad. Elegant and healthy from Cooking Lights 5 Star Recipes.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese with dried basil and tomato
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons margarine, melted
- 3 cups torn spinach
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4" thickness, using a meat mallet or tolling pin.
- Dredge chicken in breadcrumbs.
- Spoon 1 Tbs cheese onto each piece of chicken; fold chicken in half Place folded breast halves in a 8" square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Drizzle melted margarine over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 400F for 25 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Combine spinach and basil in a bowl, drizzle with vinegar and oil.
- Sprinkle pepper over salad; toss well.
- Serve chicken over salad.