Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is so easy and delicious! Is great with a salad and bread.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless round roast
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans no-salt-added tomato sauce (or regular)
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix
- Slice roast in half for even cooking; place in crock pot.
- Add onion and remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high setting 5 hours or until roast is tender.
- Or, cover and cook on high setting one hour; reduce to low setting, and cook 7 hours.
- Slice meat to serve.
This recipe is great for the inexperience cook. It was easy to follow and the meat turned out tender with a great tomato taste. The gravy was even better. Served it with mashed potatotes and green beans.
I think I've found out that I prefer a creamy mushroom gravy with pot roast, but this was good and the family went up for seconds.
I made this recipe several times using the meat called for in the recipe. Turned out dry. so, the 3 stars mean I used a boneless chuck roast, which cooked up tender and moist. I did add the carrots and it turned out great. My husband said this way is better.