1/3 Photos of Cooking Light's Creamy Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese
From the June 2006 issue of Cooking Light magazine and featured in their Dinner Tonight section. This is a simple and quick main dish that is recommended to be served with a 7-Layer salad for a full meal. They suggest assembling the salad while the water comes to a boil for the pasta and making the sauce while the pasta cooks. Quick and easy for a weeknight meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- 2While the pasta cooks, place flour, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan.
- 3Add milk, stirring with a whisk until well blended. Drop cream cheese by teaspoonfuls into milk mixture; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- 4Reduce heat; simmer 2 minutes or until thick and cream cheese melts, stirring occasionally.
- 5Stir in mustard, Worcestershire, and garlic; simmer 1 minute.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Add cheddar cheese, stirring until cheese melts.
- 8Combine pasta and cheese sauce in a large bowl; toss well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light's Creamy Stove-Top Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 328.4
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 514.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat cheddar cheese