1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From the magazine. Though it doesn't call for chicken breast, that's what I use. I imagine it isn't quite as rich without dark chicken, I don't care for non-white parts. Make this ahead of time -- it has to sit in the fridge for 8 hours. I don't think the nutritional info Zaar gives this will be accurate, since you remove the skin and skim it, but the magazine gives it for one cup as: 137 calories, 16 g protein, 2.7 g fat, 11.3 g carb, 56 mg cholesterol, 247 mg sodium.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 quarts water
- 3 lbs bone-in chicken
- 1 large onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 6 sprigs fresh parsley
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 cup carrot, sliced
- 3/4 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 ounces uncooked medium egg noodles
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1Place the first seven ingredients in a large Dutch oven and bring to a boil.
- 2Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- 3Remove chicken from broth; strain broth, discarding solids (keep broth).
- 4Let each cool separately in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- 5Discard skin and bones; cut chicken into bite-sized pieces and add back to broth.
- 6Cover and chill 8 hours.
- 7Skim fat from broth and discard; set aside.
- 8Coat a large Dutch oven with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
- 9Add carrot, celery, and onion; saute 10 minutes.
- 10Add broth, sage, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- 11Add noodles; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- 12Add peas and continue cooking until noodles are tender.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light's Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.5
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 65.4 mg
- Sodium 259.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 16.7 g