Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I don't know who Toni is, but I got this recipe from Cooking Light.
- 1 cup banana, ripe and mashed (about 2 medium bananas)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup egg substitute
- 1 large egg
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- cooking spray
- Combine the first five ingredients in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add flour mixture to banana mixture, stirring JUST until moist.
- Spoon batter into an 8x4-inch loaf pan that has been coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on wire rack; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on rack.
I omitted the egg substitute as I didn't have any. I also had to substitute lemon juice in place of the cream of tartar because I was out of that. It turned out awesome. Very flavorful and moist. Will put this in the keeper file.