Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Jan/Feb 2009 magazine. I haven't tried this yet, but the pic looks sooo good I will have to soon!
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add steak, turning to coat. Remove steak from sauce, reserving sauce mixture. Place steak on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut steak diagonally across grain into thin slices.
- While steak stands, bring sauce mixture to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes. Serve with steak.
The sauce is very good and might be good with chicken too.