Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Ive tried quite a few Chicken parmesan recipes and this one is by far the best and easiest.
Make and share this Cooking Light Magazine's Chicken Parmesan recipe from Food.com.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 3⁄4 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin.
- Dip chicken in egg; dredge in crumbs.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken, and cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10-15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses. Cover and simmer 5 more minutes or until cheese melts.
This was so easy, and yummy! This has been added to my "keeper" cookbook. Thanks for sharing!
Wonderful, easy recipe...We really enjoyed it...Made for Fall PAC 2011
Yum! I will try another spaghetti sauce next time as the one I had seemed overly salty for Chicken Parmesan. I think a pretty plain almost slightly sweet tomato sauce might work best.THIS WAS SO EASY!!! :) My kids say its a keeper too!