Cooking Light Korean Spiced Beef and Cabbage Rolls
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- To prepare filling, combine first 11 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add beef mixture to pan; cook 8 minutes or until done, stirring occasionally. Stir in cabbage; cook 4 minutes or until cabbage is tender. Remove from heat; cool completely.
- To prepare dough, lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine 1 1/3 cups water, honey, and canola oil, stirring with a whisk. Add water mixture to flour mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes); cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Roll dought into a 16x12 inch rectangle (about 1/4 inch thick) on a lightly floured surface. Cut dough into 12 (4-inch) squares. Working 1 square at a time (cover remaining dough with a towel to prevent drying), spoon about 1/4 cup beef mixture into center of each square. Moisten edges of dought with water; bring 2 opposite corners center, pinching points to seal. Pinch 4 edges together to seal. Place rolls seam side twon, on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Combine 1 tbsp water and egg white in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Lightly brush tops of dough with egg white mixture; sprinkle each with 1/4 tsp sesame seeds. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes or until rolls are lightly browned. Remove from baking sheet; cool on wire racks.