"Lightly coat hands with cooking spray to press the slightly sticky crust into the pie plate. The filling may be thin after mixing but will harden in the freezer." From Cooking Light August 2007.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 2/3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs (about 8 1/2 cookie sheets)
- 7 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups nonfat milk
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped finely chopped dry roasted salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup shaved milk chocolate (about 1 ounce)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2Combine crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar, and egg whites; toss with a fork until moist. Press into bottom and up sides of a 9-inch deep-dish pie plate coated with cooking spray. Prick crust with a fork before baking. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Remove from oven; cool on a wire rack.
- 3Combine milk and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Cook 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly; transfer mixture to a bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla, stirring with a whisk until combined. Cover and chill 30 minutes.
- 4Place cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add milk mixture, beating on low speed until combined. Fold in whipped topping; pour mixture into prepared piecrust. Freeze, uncovered, 8 hours or overnight or until hard. Sprinkle with peanuts and shaved chocolate. Transfer pie to refrigerator 30 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light Frozen Peanut Butter Pie
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 95.7
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 1.5 mg
- Sodium 64.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 12.7 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chocolate graham cracker crumbs
reduced-fat crunchy peanut butter
fat free cream cheese
frozen fat-free whipped topping