1/1 Photo of Cooking Light Crock Pot Chili
4 hrs 15 mins
I know there are a million chili recipes posted, so I'm posting this mostly so I don't lose it. It's a good basic chili that the kids will eat and it's WW points friendly. (5 points per serving)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 6 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1Cook ground round in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat until borwn, stirring to crumble.
- 2Add next 7 ingredients (onion through garlic), and cook for 7 minutes or until onion is tender.
- 3Place mixture in an electric slow cooker and stir in beans and tomatoes.
- 4Cover with lid and cook on low heat setting for 4* hours.
- 5Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
- 6This can also be done on the stove top: After adding beans and tomatoes, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, partialy covered, 1 1/2 hours.
- 7*I leave mine in the crockpot about 8 hours while I'm at work and it comes out fine.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light Crock Pot Chili
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.1
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 698.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 21.6 g