Recipe by kristiesnell
Fast: A three-minute dip into a pungent marinade is all that's needed to deliver big flavor to chicken breasts. Serve with saffron rice. Weight Watchers: 6 points per serving
Top Review by aksingingbreeze
This was fabulous! I added extra lime juice to the marinade and a tablespoon of fresh minced garlic. I needed everything ready to cook up quickly in the evening, so I made the salsa in the afternoon and marinated the chicken for 5 hours or so. So glad I did! The chicken was amazingly moist and tender. I also added some cilantro to the salsa and doubled the amount of everything in the salsa except for the avocado. It was light and fantastically flavorful. Definitely making this again!
- 29.58 ml minced fresh cilantro
- 36.97 ml fresh lime juice
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1.23 ml salt
- cooking spray
- 236.59 ml chopped plum tomato (about 2)
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss and let stand 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- To prpare salsa, combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl.
- Add avocado; stir gently to combine.
- Serve salsa over chicken.