Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Fast: A three-minute dip into a pungent marinade is all that's needed to deliver big flavor to chicken breasts. Serve with saffron rice. Weight Watchers: 6 points per serving
- 29.58 ml minced fresh cilantro
- 36.97 ml fresh lime juice
- 22.18 ml olive oil
- 680.38 g boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1.23 ml salt
- cooking spray
- 236.59 ml chopped plum tomato (about 2)
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 9.85 ml fresh lime juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 0.59 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 1 avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- To prepare chicken, combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss and let stand 3 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Sprinkle chicken evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add chicken to pan; cook 6 minutes on each side or until done.
- To prpare salsa, combine tomato and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a medium bowl.
- Add avocado; stir gently to combine.
- Serve salsa over chicken.
This was fabulous! I added extra lime juice to the marinade and a tablespoon of fresh minced garlic. I needed everything ready to cook up quickly in the evening, so I made the salsa in the afternoon and marinated the chicken for 5 hours or so. So glad I did! The chicken was amazingly moist and tender. I also added some cilantro to the salsa and doubled the amount of everything in the salsa except for the avocado. It was light and fantastically flavorful. Definitely making this again!
This was super yummy. I used cilantro in a tube b/c I was out of fresh. Will absolutely make again - thanks!!
This chicken was so good, we had it two nights in a row! The salsa on top gave even more flavor to the already juicy chicken! I served this with Cilantro Rice (also found on zaar). This is my new favorite meal!