1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Cooking Light, April 2006. If you make this cake in a 9-inch Springform pan, cut the baking time by about 15 minutes. The center of the cake may appear looser than expected, but it will become firmer as it chills overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 20 reduced-fat vanilla wafers
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 3 large egg whites, divided
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 16 ounces block-style light cream cheese, softened
- 4 ounces block-style fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2To prepare cheesecake, place ½ cup sugar, wafers, and a dash of salt in food processor and process until the mixture resembles sand.
- 3Place one egg white in a small bowl and stir with a whisk until frothy. With the processor on, add 2 tbsp egg white through the chute, processing until blended. (Discard remaining egg white.).
- 4Spray 8 inch springform pan with cooking spray, and then firmly press mixture into the bottom of the pan and slightly up the sides.
- 5Bake at 350 for 10 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 6Reduce oven to 300 degrees.
- 7Combine 1 ½ cups sugar, 3 tbsp cornstarch, and remaining dash salt in a large bowl. Add cheese and beat with a mixer on medium high speed until smooth.
- 8Reduce mixer speed to low and add vanilla and 1 tsp lemon juice and beat until just combined. Add eggs one at a time, and beat after each addition until just combined.
- 9Pour cheese mixture into prepared springform pan. Bake at 300 degrees for an hour and 15 minutes or until a 3 inch circle in the center of the cheesecake barely jiggles when the side of the pan is tapped.
- 10Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in the oven for 30 minutes with the door open.
- 11Remove cheesecake from oven, run a knife around the outside edge. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.7
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 70.9 mg
- Sodium 210.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g