Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
I made these last night and they are WONDERFUL!! I went to the Weight Watchers website and I figured these as 6 points per serving (Serves 4 - two fajitas each). This does not include, cheese, sour cream or any sides.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 (3/4 lb) flank steak
- 1 red bell pepper, each cut into wedges
- 1 green bell pepper, each cut into wedges
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into wedges
- 8 (6 inch) fat free tortillas
- 1 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- To prepare marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- To prepare fajitas, trim fat from steak and cut against the grain into strips. Combine 1 1/2 cups marinade and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers, and onion in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside.
- Place steak and vegetables on skewers (soak them in water for a bit so they do not burn)cook until desired degree of doneness.
- Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave until soft.
- Bring reserved marinade to a boil.
- Take the steak and vegetables off the skewers and onto a serving platter; drizzle with reserved marinade.
- Serve the meat and veggies with the flour tortillas and let people make their own fajitas. Pass chopped cilantro.
I will definitely make these again. I added some lime juice to the marinade and cooked the meat and veggies in a skillet, but they were still delicious.
I served this with a Mexican pasta salad and it was easy and so good. Did everything on the grill. Whole piece of steak ands cut after it rested.
Really good, despite cutting down the marinating time. Too cold to grill, so I cooked this in a skillet. I will make again and next time, I will plan ahead!