1/1 Photo of Cooking Light Beef Fajitas
I made these last night and they are WONDERFUL!! I went to the Weight Watchers website and I figured these as 6 points per serving (Serves 4 - two fajitas each). This does not include, cheese, sour cream or any sides.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime rind, grated
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/4 ounce) can low sodium beef broth
- 1To prepare marinade, combine first 10 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2To prepare fajitas, trim fat from steak and cut against the grain into strips. Combine 1 1/2 cups marinade and steak in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 3Combine remaining marinade, bell peppers, and onion in a zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 4Prepare grill.
- 5Remove steak from bag; discard marinade.
- 6Remove vegetables from bag; reserve marinade. Place reserved marinade in a small saucepan; set aside.
- 7Place steak and vegetables on skewers (soak them in water for a bit so they do not burn)cook until desired degree of doneness.
- 8Wrap tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave until soft.
- 9Bring reserved marinade to a boil.
- 10Take the steak and vegetables off the skewers and onto a serving platter; drizzle with reserved marinade.
- 11Serve the meat and veggies with the flour tortillas and let people make their own fajitas. Pass chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cooking Light Beef Fajitas
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 34.8 mg
- Sodium 1104.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 20.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low sodium beef broth
fat free tortillas