Recipe by hannahactually
(NUTRITION PER SERVING (1 1/3 cups): CALORIES 327(26% from fat); FAT 9.3g (sat 3g,mono 3.6g,poly 1.6g); PROTEIN 21.7g; CHOLESTEROL 36mg; CALCIUM 47mg; SODIUM 382mg; FIBER 2.9g; IRON 3.6mg; CARBOHYDRATE 39.1g)
Top Review by Opal R.
Here's how I did it: I subbed thin pork strips for the beef. I added about 50% more sauce fixin's and used a full pound of angel hair pasta. My family LOVED this dish. I think it would be equally tasty with beef, shrimp, or even chicken. Sorry about the changes, but this is one of those recipes that you can really customize to your liking. I'll be making it again and again!
- 4 cups hot cooked spaghetti (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 1⁄2 cups vertically sliced onions
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak, trimmed and cut across the grain into long, thin strips
- 3 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili paste with garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine pasta and sesame oil, tossing well to coat.
- Heat peanut oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ginger and garlic.
- Sauté 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli and onion.
- Sauté 3 minutes.
- Add steak.
- Sauté 5 minutes or until done.
- Add pasta mixture, soy sauce, and remaining ingredients.
- Cook 1 minute or until lo mein is thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Serve and enjoy!