Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Once a year, before Christmas, my cooking club gets together and we make these delicious beef pastries. We freeze them and serve them for the holidays. Serve them with sour cream, chutney or salsa.
- Saute hamburger with onion and garlic until the meat is no longer pink.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cook for 15 minutes over medium heat.
- Cool completely.
- Roll pastry to 1/8"thickness.
- Cut into 3"rounds.
- Place a spoonful of filling on each round.
- Dampen pastry edges.
- Fold pastry over.
- Prick top with a fork.
- Can be frozen at this point.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet one inch apart.
- Bake 20 minutesat 350.
Excellent empanadas! I accidentally fried them instead of baking them, my bad! ;)